3-Minute Hollandaise Sauce in a Blender
One of the five 'mother sauces' in conventional French cuisine. Serve with your favourite steamed greens, vegetables, fish, chicken or crepes. This recipe yields ½ to ¾ cup.
|Serves||4||Published||Tuesday, 19 November 2013|
|Recipe type||Dips & Sauces||Author||Manisha Sharma|
Share This Recipe
For 4 people ()
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 grams butter
- dash(es) black pepper
- salt as per your taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) dill, finely chopped
- make reduction of:
- 4 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoon(s) apple juice
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 onion small, finely chopped
- 6 peppercorn
- bay leaves
3-Minute Hollandaise Sauce in a Blender Directions
- In a pan, add white wine vinegar, apple juice, peppercorns and bay leaves. Let it simmer till it reduces to 1 tbsp. of liquid.
- Sieve, add lemon juice and taste for tartness and flavour. Add more lemon juice if you wish for more acidity.
- Heat butter for about a minute in the microwave. The butter should be really hot when you pull it out. This will help cook the eggs a bit. You will see white milk solids floating on the surface of the butter or settled at the bottom of the bowl. Sieve or scoop out the floating solids but leave the ones settled at the bottom of the bowl undisturbed.
- Put the egg yolks with a pinch of salt and lime and vinegar reduction into the liquidizer or into the jar of a triblade stick blender. Blend for a few seconds. Now turn up the speed to high and slowly drizzle the hot butter in till the sauce is smooth and creamy. Be careful not to pour in the bottom residue of the butter into the sauce.
- Add finely chopped dill leaves and black pepper and fold into the sauce.
- Taste the sauce for seasoning and adjust as per your preference.
- As shown in the video, you can serve the sauce with some broccoli. Break the broccoli florets and drop into boiling water for 5 minutes. Then transfer them into cold water. Drain and arrange on a warm serving plate. Drizzle with your freshly made Hollandaise sauce! Adjust the seasoning and serve.
Share This Recipe