Roasted Potatoes with Lemony Yoghurt Dressing
Oven-roasted potatoes have a lovely crispiness without being high in calories. They taste best when just out of the oven. If it sits too long after baking it loses its crispiness. If pressed for time, roast the potatoes in the oven until half-done and then re-roast before serving till you get the desired texture. Adjust the amount of lemon in the dressing depending on how tart you like your sauce.
|Serves||4||Published||Wednesday, 30 October 2013|
|Recipe type||Vegetarian||Author||Manisha Sharma|
For 4 people ()
- 3 potatoes medium, washed and scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) chilly flakes
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) yoghurt, thick or Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) mint leaves, minced
- 1 green chilly, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 lemon juice (add more if you want it more tangy)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- cream (optional) to adjust the consistency
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel, halve and quarter the potatoes, then further cut into two. Wash them thoroughly under running water to get rid of all the starch.
- Add olive oil, chilly flakes, crushed garlic and lemon rind to the potatoes and toss well until each piece is coated with the seasoning.
- Spread the potatoes over a greased baking or cake pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes till the potatoes are tender and crispy brown. Toss the pan every 10 minutes for even roasting and browning.
- To make the sauce, whisk together all the sauce ingredients. Taste to adjust the amount of lemon and seasoning.
- Pour dressing over the roasted potatoes and toss to coat.
- Garnish with minced mint and serve!