Warm Shrimp Caponata Tart With Cranberry and Red Pepper Coulis
A delectable Sicilian-inspired tart recipe by TV personality and Senior Executive Chef at Novotel, Chef Ranveer Brar.
|Serves||4||Published||Wednesday, 12 February 2014|
|Recipe type||Non-Vegetarian||Author||Chef Ranveer Brar|
Share This Recipe
For 4 people ()
- 20 mL red wine vinegar
- 100 grams eggplant (small cubes)
- 100 grams shrimp (peeled, washed and slit)
- 20 grams pine nuts (roasted or fried)
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 20 mL olive oil
- 100 grams red onion (small cubes)
- 20 grams golden raisins (soaked in water)
- 50 mL tomato puree
- 5 grams fresh basil (torn)
- salt & pepper
- 10 grams capers
- 10 grams fennel bulbs (small cubes)
- 20 mL lemon juice
- 500 grams flour
- 250 grams butter
- 250 mL water
- 10 grams salt
For the Sauce
- 50 mL cranberry (puree or jelly)
- 100 grams red pepper (roasted)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) star anise (powder)
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter
- salt & pepper (to taste)
Warm Shrimp Caponata Tart With Cranberry and Red Pepper Coulis Directions
- Blanche the shrimps with water, lemon juice and salt.
- Marinate the shrimps with olive oil, seasoning and a little lemon juice. Keep it aside.
- Deep-fry the eggplant and keep it aside.
- Sauté the onion and fennel over medium heat until light brown in colour.
- Add raisins, pine nuts, red wine vinegar and sugar, cook for a while.
- Add the tomato puree, capers and seasoning. Cook for sometime until a little dry. Finish with torn fresh basil.
- For the tart, mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and make the dough.
- Make a sheet from the dough with a rolling pin and cut it with the roundel mould.
- Place the sheet on a greased tart mould for baking.
- For the coulis, blend the red peppers.
- Cook the red pepper purée, cranberry puree and star anise powder in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Adjust the seasoning and finish with hard butter.
- Fill the tart mould with caponata and bake in a preheated oven (170 degrees Celsius) for ten minutes.
- De-mould the tart and place into a serving plate; place the shrimps on the tart.
- Serve with red peppers and cranberry coulis.
Share This Recipe