This recipe is by Chef Suriya Phusirimongkhonchai who heads Spices, a South-East Asian restaurant at the JW Mariott, Mumbai. This dish packs in all the typical Thai flavours and was served by him at the Thai Street Food festival, where we interviewed him about the lesser known aspects of Thai cuisine. Watch the video here.
Chef Suriya, who actually specialises in Thai desserts, has shared two other recipes - the quintessential Thai Yellow Curry and the delicately crunchy Tako, a dessert made with water chestnut, coconut milk and rice flour.
Image courtesy: JW Mariott, Mumbai
|Preparation time||1h 40m||Difficulty|
|Serves||4||Published||Wednesday, 15 January 2014|
|Recipe type||Non-Vegetarian||Author||Chef Suriya Phusirimongkhonchai|
For 4 people ()
What You Need
- 1 cup(s) chicken leg, boneless
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornflour
For the Marinade
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon(s) black peppercorn powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped coriander leaves
For the Tempering
- 1 onion, large
- 1 teaspoon(s) oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) light soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil, refined
- 1 tablespoon(s) sweet chili sauce
- Grind chopped lemongrass and coriander leaves together to make a fine paste.
- Add crushed black pepper and keep aside.
- Take diced, boneless chicken and marinate with the lemongrass-coriander paste.
- Rest for 1 ½ hrs.
- Dust the marinated chicken with cornflour.
- Deep fry till the chicken is crispy.
- Heat oil in a wok and sauté chopped onion till it turns brown.
- Add deep-fried chicken, oyster sauce, light soya sauce and toss for a few seconds.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with sweet chilly sauce.