Spicy Béchamel Sauce
Even though I love continental cuisine, my husband - who likes very spicy food - is not very fond of it. So I've come up with this spicy version of bechamel sauce with some onions, and garlic & green chilly paste. He loves this sauce in au gratin bakes and lasagna. Increase the amount of garlic & green chilly paste if you'd like the sauce more spicy.
|Serves||4||Published||Monday, 02 September 2013|
|Recipe type||Dips & Sauces||Author||Manisha Sharma|
For 4 people ()
- 3 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) oil
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic and green chilly paste
- Mix oil and butter in a pan and let the butter melt over a low flame.
- Add onions and cook till it starts to brown. Now add the garlic and green chilly paste, and cook for a minute till the garlic is cooked.
- Add the all purpose flour and cook till it's slightly brown. This takes about 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add milk and whisk well till it thickens to a sauce-like consistency.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
Simply Delicious and easy!