How to Make Bread Croutons
This is the perfect way to use your leftover bread, whether it’s buns, sandwich bread, baguettes, brioche or paos. These make great starters with Mayonnaise or spicy cheese sauce, add crunch to salads, texture to soups, and when blended, crumbs to bread your chicken and croquettes.
|Serves||4||Published||Wednesday, 16 October 2013|
|Recipe type||Techniques||Author||Manisha Sharma|
For 4 people ()
- butter or extra virgin oil
- Seasoning –garlic salt / rosemary / garlic grated / basil / Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C.
- If you’re making croutons with seasoning, add the desired seasoning to softened butter and mix well. Apply the butter on both sides of the each bread slice. Stack one over the other and cut into cubes. Alternately, cut the bread slice into cubes and toss in olive oil with grated garlic or any other seasoning.
- Line a baking tray with foil and put the cubes on it. Place the tray on the center rack of the oven and bake till one side is crispy and slightly brown. Then flip the cubes over and bake for 10-15 minutes more, or till golden brown.
- Bring them out and let them cool on a rack. Serve them hot with a dip or store in an airtight container after they completely cool down.
- You can also sprinkle the seasoning over the warm croutons.