Capsicum Cottage Cheese Medley
This simple and delicious recipe can be made yummier by doubling up the quantity of cooking oil and using no water at all. Cover and cook the masala mixture to accentuate the flavours of the capsicum / bell peppers. The recipe calls for only 1 green and red bell pepper (half of each), but the quantity can be increased to a total of 2 and you can add yellow peppers too.
|Serves||3||Published||Saturday, 28 September 2013|
|Recipe type||Vegetarian||Author||Manisha Sharma|
For 3 people ()
- 200 grams cottage cheese
- onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- tomato, grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato ketchup
- teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1 teaspoon(s) red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) water, hot
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil
For the Garnishing
- 1/4 cup(s) coriander
- Slice cottage cheese into large, thick slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Smear some oil on a nonstick griddle and heat. Once hot, brown the cottage cheese slices on both sides over a high flame. Place over a paper towel, let them cool and then cut them into small bite-sized pieces.
- Now heat some oil in a pan and cook the onions till they begin to turn golden brown. Add grated tomato, salt, turmeric, cumin powder and red chilly powder. Cover and cook till the gravy trickles out to the sides of the pan. Remember to stir a few times to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom.
- To the mixture, add the finely sliced capsicums and coat well with the masala. Add water, cover the pan and cook till the capsicum becomes tender but still has some bite. Now add garam masala and tomato ketchup. Mix well.
- Add the cottage cheese slices, cover the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes over a medium flame. Stir a few times during the cooking process and take off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with naan, chapatti or paranthas.