Microwave Milk Cake
This is a recipe from my mom’s friend Sharmishta who lives in Buffalo (NY). It's not exactly like milk cake in texture, but very close to it in look and flavour. The best part is it requires very few basic ingredients that are always at hand - milk powder, sugar, cream and ghee.
|Serves||6||Published||Sunday, 29 September 2013|
|Recipe type||Mithai||Author||Manisha Sharma|
For 6 people ()
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk powder
- cup(s) sugar (adjust the amount depending on sweetness preferred)
- 3/4 cup(s) cream
For the Garnishing
- almond or pistachio flakes
- Mix all the ingredients (except sugar and almonds / pistachio) well.
- Transfer into a deep microwave dish to prevent the mixture from spilling out. Microwave for 2 minutes at 100% power. Mix it well. Put the mixture back into the microwave and microwave for another 2 minutes at full power.
- Mix and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes. Mix again.
- Now microwave at 60% power for 2 minutes and mix well.
- Once the mixture is slightly brown, mix in the sugar. Cook again for 2 minutes at 50% power till all the liquid dries up.
- Now transfer the mixture into a greased shallow dish and microwave at 60% power for 2 to 3 minutes till the base turns brown. Do not mix.
- Pull out the dish and sprinkle the nuts. Let it cool and cut it into small squares.