This sandwich is packed with all the quintessential Mediterranean flavours -- olives, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese. The quantity of oil and butter mixture in the recipe can be adjusted depending on how you like it. To make it crispy, roast it on a greased girdle on one side over medium flame till it's golden brown. Watch how to make Pesto Sauce at http://bit.ly/1h1w2pH
|Serves||4||Published||Thursday, 10 October 2013|
|Recipe type||Vegetarian||Author||Manisha Sharma|
For 4 people ()
- 2 multi grain bread, slices
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter and extra virgin olive oil mixture
- 2 tablespoon(s) pesto
- 1/4 cup(s) black olives , sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) feta cheese, crumbled, increase its quantity as per your taste
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes to boiling water for 15-20 minutes till they swell up and become tender. Strain and chop finely.
- Apply the olive oil-butter spread on two slices. Spread a thin layer of pesto sauce on them. Cover with sun-dried tomatoes, followed by olives and then crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve immediately or wrap in a cling film for later use.
- TIP # 1: Use more sun-dried tomatoes for more sweetness as feta and olives are salty.
- TIP # 2: Apply only a thin layer of pesto. And, go light on salt in the pesto to get the right balance of flavors.